Latest News & Updates
- USDOT Announces Second Connected Vehicle PlugFest March 12-13, 2014 - Novi, Michigan
- USDOT Announces Inaugural Connected Vehicle PlugFest
- Southeast Michigan Connected Vehicle Test Bed 2014 Project Information Meeting
- NEW Promotional Video for Connected Vehicle Test Bed
- NEW Connected Vehicle Test Bed Brochure Now Available [PDF 1.97MB]
Connected Vehicle Test Beds
Connected Vehicle Test Beds are real-world, operational test beds that offer the supporting vehicles, infrastructure, and equipment to serve the needs of public- and private-sector testing and certification activities.
The vision for the test environment research is to establish a minimum of one test bed that can support continued research, testing, and demonstration of connected transportation system concepts, standards, applications, and innovative products. Test environments will also serve as a precursor or foundation for state and local deployments of wireless communication between vehicles. They are expected to generate sustainable markets for the private sector, as the test environment will enable products and applications that will deliver benefits to state and local consumers who purchase them.
For questions about this research, contact:
Program Manager, Systems Engineering
RITA/ITS Joint Program Office