Latest News & Updates
- USDOT to Host Free Connected Vehicle PlugFest in Farmington Hills, MI
- USDOT Announces Next Two Connected Vehicle PlugFests in Farmington Hills, MI (May 13-15, 2014) and Palo Alto, CA (June 24-26, 2014)
- NEW Affiliated Test Bed Newsletter
- Detroit Area PlugFest: March 12-13, 2014
- Southeast Michigan Connected Vehicle Test Bed 2014 Project Information Meeting
Connected Vehicle Test Beds
Connected Vehicle Test Beds are real-world, operational test beds that offer the supporting vehicles, infrastructure, and equipment to serve the needs of public- and private-sector testing and certification activities.
The vision for the test environment research is to establish a minimum of one test bed that can support continued research, testing, and demonstration of connected transportation system concepts, standards, applications, and innovative products. Test environments will also serve as a precursor or foundation for state and local deployments of wireless communication between vehicles. They are expected to generate sustainable markets for the private sector, as the test environment will enable products and applications that will deliver benefits to state and local consumers who purchase them.
For questions about this research, contact:
Program Manager, Systems Engineering
RITA/ITS Joint Program Office