The ITS Joint Program Office (ITS JPO), within the Office of the Assistance Secretary for Research and Technology (OST-R), is charged with executing Subtitle C- Intelligent Transportation System Research of Public Law 109-59 Safe Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users, enacted August 10, 2005.
Transform the way society moves.
Conduct research, development, and education activities to facilitate the adoption of information and communication technology to enable society to move more safely and efficiently.
- ITS Joint Program Office
- History of Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Federal ITS Program
- ITS Program Advisory Committee
- Strategic Planning Group Charter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- JPO Procurement Opportunities
- Site Map
- Subject Index
Snapshot of Federal ITS Research (Infographic)