Ken Leonard, Director
ITS Joint Program Office
The Intelligent Transportations Systems Joint Program Office (ITS JPO)
Accelerate the use of ITS to transform the way society moves.
Lead collaborative and innovative research, development, and implementation of ITS to improve the safety and mobility of people and goods.
Planning for the Future of ITS
The ITS Joint Program Office’s 2020-2025 ITS Strategic Plan
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s ITS research focuses on several high-priority areas including Emerging and Enabling Technologies, Data Access and Exchanges, Cybersecurity for ITS, Automation, Complete Trip – ITS4US, and Accelerating ITS Deployment. The ITS Strategic Plan includes in-depth discussion of the ITS Program’s strategic goals, these research areas, and four technology transfer programs.
Learn more in the 2020-2025 ITS Strategic Plan.
- Road Weather
- Connected Vehicle Technology
- CV Pilots Deployment Project
- Automated Vehicle
- ITS Cross-Cutting Support
- Success Stories
- Commercial Vehicle Information Systems and Networks (CVISN) Core and Expanded Deployment Program
- Cooperative Intersection Collision Avoidance Systems (CICAS)
- Electronic Freight Management
- Emergency Transportation Operations (ETO)
- Integrated Vehicle-Based Safety Systems (IVBSS)
- Intelligent and Efficient Border Crossings
- Mobility Services for All Americans (MSAA)
- Next-Generation 9-1-1
- Rural Safety Initiative
- Vehicle Infrastructure Integration
Accessible Transportation Technologies
The Accessible Transportation Technologies Research Initiative (ATTRI) page is now located at https://www.its.dot.gov/research_areas/attri/index.htm. Please bookmark the new location. You can click the link to be taken to the ATTRI page or you will be automatically redirected in a few seconds.
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE • Washington, DC 20590 • 800.853.1351