Free Connected Vehicle Resources from the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT)
Is your organization considering deploying connected vehicle technologies? The following resources will answer many of your questions.
Connected Vehicle Basics
- Connected Vehicle Basics - Find out what you need to know about connected vehicles.
- Connected Vehicle e-Primer - Read a comprehensive, plain-language background on Connected Vehicles. (Module 13: Connected Vehicles. Includes link to April 2016 webinar on Connected Vehicles)
- Accelerating ITS Deployment Day – Presentations from the 2016 ITS American Annual Meeting that discusses the “nuts and bolts" of connected vehicles, an overview of ITS funding, and the Smart City Challenge.
- Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) Implementation Guide - Learn how your community can prepare for connected vehicles (coming soon).
- Connected Vehicle Pilots - See how three very different communities are deploying connected vehicle technology.
- Fact Sheet: Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Deployment - What Should States Do Now?
- Fact Sheet: What Public Officials Need to Know about Connected Vehicles?
- Connected Vehicle Deployment Resources for Planners
- Connected Vehicle Plugfest
- Research Data Exchange - Get data from connected vehicle and other intelligent transportation system (ITS) deployments.
- Open Source Application Development Portal - Collaborate with others or download connected vehicle or other ITS-related applications.
Architecture and Standards
- Connected Vehicle Reference Implementation Architecture - Learn about the standards and systems requirements that allow connected vehicles to operate nationwide.
- Connected Vehicle Standards – Learn about Standards used in CV applications.
Fact Sheets, Reports, and Technical Documents
- Fact Sheets - Read more detailed descriptions of the USDOT's connected vehicle research programs.
- National Transportation Library - Review thousands of free research reports on a searchable database.
Training and Technical Assistance
- Connected Vehicle Help Desk - Get technical assistance with connected vehicle devices and applications.
- ITS Professional Capacity Building - Take advantage of webinars and blended and classroom training.
- Connected Vehicles 101 - Free web-based course offered by the USDOT and delivered online through the Consortium of ITS Training and Education (CITE).
- Connected Vehicles 101 - Introduction
- Connected Vehicles 102 - Applications and Planning for Implementation
- Affiliated Test Beds - Join a national organization that promotes collaboration among connected vehicle device makers, operators, installations, and application developers.
- Smart Cities - Learn about the USDOT's Smart City Challenge.
- Sign up for free email alerts from the USDOT.