The Intelligent Transportations Systems Joint Program Office (ITS JPO)
Accelerate the use of ITS to transform the way society moves.
Lead collaborative and innovative research, development, and implementation of ITS to improve the safety and mobility of people and goods.
Planning for the Future of ITS
The ITS Joint Program Officeís 2020-2025 ITS Strategic Plan
About ITS JPO
The U.S. Department of Transportationís ITS research focuses on several high-priority areas including Emerging and Enabling Technologies, Data Access and Exchanges, ITS Cybersecurity Research, Automation, ITS4US, and Accelerating ITS Deployment. The ITS Strategic Plan includes in-depth discussion of the ITS Programís strategic goals, these research areas, and four technology transfer programs.
Learn more in the 2020-2025 ITS Strategic Plan.
Intelligent Transportation Systems Deployment
|Connected Vehicle Pilots|
View NYCDOT pilot
View THEA pilot
View WYDOT pilot
- Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Resources
- Connected Vehicle Pilots
- Connected Vehicle News and Events
- Connected Vehicle Deployer Resources
- Connected Vehicle Deployment Assistance
- Connected Vehicle Applications
- Sample Deployment Concepts
- Connected Vehicle Publications
- National ITS Architecture
- Smart City Challenge
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE • Washington, DC 20590 • 800.853.1351