Ken Leonard, Director
ITS Joint Program Office
The Intelligent Transportations Systems Joint Program Office (ITS JPO)
Accelerate the use of ITS to transform the way society moves.
Lead collaborative and innovative research, development, and implementation of ITS to improve the safety and mobility of people and goods.
Planning for the Future of ITS
The ITS Joint Program Officeís 2020-2025 ITS Strategic Plan
The U.S. Department of Transportationís ITS research focuses on several high-priority areas including Emerging and Enabling Technologies, Data Access and Exchanges, ITS Cybersecurity Research, Automation, ITS4US, and Accelerating ITS Deployment. The ITS Strategic Plan includes in-depth discussion of the ITS Programís strategic goals, these research areas, and four technology transfer programs.
Learn more in the 2020-2025 ITS Strategic Plan.
- Road Weather
- Connected Vehicle Technology
- Automated Vehicle
- ITS Cross-Cutting Support
- Success Stories
- Commercial Vehicle Information Systems and Networks (CVISN) Core and Expanded Deployment Program
- Congestion Initiative
- Cooperative Intersection Collision Avoidance Systems (CICAS)
- Electronic Freight Management
- Emergency Transportation Operations (ETO)
- Integrated Vehicle-Based Safety Systems (IVBSS)
- Intelligent and Efficient Border Crossings
- Mobility Services for All Americans (MSAA)
- Next-Generation 9-1-1
- Rural Safety Initiative
- Vehicle Infrastructure Integration
Accessible Transportation Technologies
Research Initiative (ATTRI)
ATTRI User Needs Webinars
- ATTRI Webinar Recording: Understanding the Travel Needs of Older Adults, March 24, 2015
- ATTRI Webinar Recording: Understanding the Travel Needs of Veterans with Disabilities, April 14, 2015
- ATTRI Webinar: Understanding the Travel Needs of Veterans with Disabilities, April 14, 2015 [PDF]
- ATTRI Webinar Recording: Understanding the Travel Needs of People with Disabilities, March 3, 2015
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE • Washington, DC 20590 • 800.853.1351