- Connected Vehicle Pilot Deployment Program Phase 1 Lessons Learned 11/3/16
- Connected Vehicle Pilot Program Enters Phase Two 9/6/16
- The Presentation of Materials and the Webinar Recordings of the Insights, Challenges, and Lessons Learned from the First Phase are now available. 8/25/16
- Security Management Operational Concept reports of ICF-Wyoming and Tampa (THEA) are now available 6/8/16
- The SCMS Proof-of-Concept EE Requirements Version 1.1 is now available 5/20/16
Ready to Design, Build, and Test Operational Systems
On September 1, 2016, the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) awarded three cooperative agreements collectively worth more than $45 million to initiate a Design/Build/Test phase of the Connected Vehicle (CV) Pilot Deployment Program in three sites: Wyoming, New York City (NYC), and Tampa. Sponsored by the USDOT Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITS JPO), the CV Pilot Deployment Program is a national effort to deploy, test, and operationalize cutting-edge mobile and roadside technologies and enable multiple CV applications. These innovative technologies and applications have the potential for immediate beneficial impacts. They technologies are designed to save lives, improve personal mobility, enhance economic productivity, reduce environmental impacts, and transform public agency operations. Over the past 12 months, each site has prepared a comprehensive deployment concept to ensure a rapid and efficient connected vehicle capability roll-out. Now the three sites will embark on a new 20-month phase to design, build, and test the nation's most complex and extensive deployment of integrated wireless in-vehicle, mobile device, and roadside technologies.
Please explore this site for a more detailed description of CV Pilots objectives, phases, and research progress. We will continue to upload relevant program information for public consumption as it becomes available.
For inquiries regarding the individual pilots, please contact the respective Point of Contacts: NYCDOT pilot - Wesam Daraghmeh, WDaraghmeh@dot.nyc.gov and Mohamad Talas, Mtalas@dot.nyc.gov; Tampa (THEA) pilot - Steve Novosad, firstname.lastname@example.org; WYDOT pilot - email@example.com.
Katherine K. Hartman
CV Pilots Program Manager
ITS Joint Program Office